Friday 10 February 2012

THE RAPIDS


I shot this clip for a friend of mine - director/actor Kain O'Keefe. The band is The Rapids and the song is 'Get Better Than That'. Three of the guys share a house, which we used as the location. The lounge/instrument room has large windows which provided the key light. Some practical lamps, art work, props and off we went. The clip was shot with a Canon 5D and the help of a case of Heineken. The band had a gig the night before so fast food and beer helps with an early start. Ahh to be young again. I hope you like the song and clip. 


'The Philip, The Hawk' was my second chance to work with the band. I love this clip!
Really nice energy, great location and a great sound.
Once again teaming up with Kain O'Keefe, who along with Directing duties also edited and operated the second camera. I used the Canon 7D set to 60 frames. We built a poor man's steadicam rig, which l operated on location. Back at the studio/lounge room I was lucky enough to get Nic Owens along with his rig for the band's performance. Thanks Nic.


No comments:

Post a Comment